Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zumba Madness

Viva Zumba...it's the bestest most fun workout I've had in forever...I find that most artists are good in at least one other area creatively, and dance was my other area. I used to love to dance and took jazz and ballet for years, but kinda gave it up as I got older. I tried all sorts of stuff to stay in shape over the years. Steps, pilates, aerobics, yoga...they were OK but you were kinda counting the minutes til you finished. With Zumba I'm just grinning and shakin and not looking at the clock. Yolanda, my wonderful instructor, calls herself a NewRican...a Puerto Rican American from New York! I sure sleep well at night after one of her classes. Her husband is the only man in class and they move beautifully together. My husband CK used to take jazz dance classes with me when we were young and crazy. Haven't dragged him to Zumba yet...he's got a good sense of rhythm which he expresses better on guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment