Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring


Ok, it's not actually raining. We had THE SNOW DAY today! Yeah!! For some reason, I kept thinking of one of my cute little students singing "it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is boring." (Apologies to my "old man") The 5 and 6 year olds in my classroom come up with the funniest stuff..Who's Santa's other reindeer (besides Rudolph) asked the teacher last December. The only girl in the class answers "Ashley?".I had to take the job assisting a special ed student cause my husband and I were both self-employed and the health insurance payments were more than our mortgage. So you can understand why I eagerly anticipate snow days and faithfully wear my pajamas backwards the night before a storm.(It really works) After school, I come home to my other job hand- painting first day covers for stamp collectors. You would think we live an extravagant lifestyle, but no, we live quite simply and are just trying to survive the recession! So finding time to produce all these paintings and craft projects I have in my head will take precious time. I've sure learned not to procrastinate like I used to. Anyway, I had to have a little fun today, so my husband and I went cross country skiing in the woods near our house. My daughter, who is a downhill skier, can't understand the attraction of it, but for us it's cheap, peaceful, uncrowded and right outside our door. Here's a little picture to illustrate SNOW DAY!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I am super jealous of all the people getting snow right now! I had to be content with buying a cute polka-dot umbrella to stave off the rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a scorpio too, whatever that means..I lived in Ashland Oregon for a year..loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Vickie,
    What a charming way to illustrate Snow Day. It's fun seeing your art and reading what you have to say in this new format. I'm your newest follower.
    On a recent snow day I started a blog and hope you'll drop by to say hello. It's barbaralanza.blogspot.com. There's only one entry but I won't wait til another snow day to add the next.

    ReplyDelete