Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Clowns and Cleaining


Well, I has a 4 day weekend. Unfortunately, I could no longer ignore the fact that I hadn't really cleaned my house since I don't remember when. So I went into a frenzy for 2 days and was exhausted when it was all over. The woodstove is sooo cozy in winter but it sure creates a lot of dust and dirt. Living in an old house, I don't have much storage space, so I have many "antique" cupboards. My husband and I are big fans of thrift shops, tag sales etc and I've picked up more than my share of "chochtkes". I finally faced the fact that I would have to dust on top of the cupboards and around all the stuff on the shelves. If only it would stay clean for a long, long time I wouldn't mind it, but in a few weeks it will be like it never happened. One of these days I'll do a painting of my favorite little thrift shop and yard sale finds, some of which are pictured here, newly dusted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment